We went to Disney World on our honeymoon–and had a blast! But can I just please say that going to Disney with children is so much better?!Erik and I just returned from Orlando after spending a week with his parents, sister, brother-in-law, nephew and niece. Not only was this a perfect vacation, with the crucial mix of exploration, relaxation, and good food, but we got to take Samuel (4) and Serenity (2) to the place where dreams come true!
Each clutching their respective Disney characters (Pluto and Minnie Mouse), Sam and Renny were literally bursting with excitement as we approached the castle ever so slowly on the ferry.
Favorite Memories from our time @ Disney World:
1. Hearing Samuel say over and over, “This IS a magical place! This is such a magical place!” as we entered Magic Kingdom.
2. Watching Serenity squeeze Minnie Mouse tightly and say, “Mouse. My Mouse.”
3. Desperately distracting Samuel as we attempted to block Goofy from his vision, and run in the opposite direction. (He is terrified of Goofy. Says he’s “too big”. ???)
4. Taking Samuel on the Carousel in Fantasyland. As he rode the horse, he said, “Man, I should have brought my cowboy hat!”
5. Holding a very sleepy Serenity against my chest as we rode the Buzz Light Year ride one last time.
6. Playing ‘Duck Duck Goose’ in Norway @ Epcot with Samuel and Erik.
7. When Serenity was having a small meltdown in Germany, and a stranger gave her a flower, and she immediately quick crying, and smiled so big.
8. Skipping to the bathroom with Samuel, singing “Skip to my Loo” and hearing Samuel say, “…loo loo skip to my loo……Skip to my loo my….(long pause)…..Auntie Kri-stin!”
9. Introducing a very sleepy Samuel to Pooh, Tigger and Eeyore after discovering them last minute in a toy store in London.
10. Helping Serenity and Samuel find “Nemo” in a fish tank, and having Sam say, “There’s Nemo–and there’s his Dad!!!!”
There are, of course, so many other memories, including ones we made just laying by the pool, or ones with adults in them. 🙂 But these are definitely some of the highlights of taking kids to the Magic World of Disney. I highly recommend it!!