The workout segment I was scheduled to do today was “Warrior.”
For real?? Sheesh. Couldn’t they give it a more accessible title?
I turned it on and Tony starts introducing the other participants. A military lady, a LA police captain, and a former police officer now-runs-workouts-on-military-bases-for-soldiers guy.
If the title was intimidating, doing the workout with these people was only more so. My. goodness.
The excuses running through my head …
1. I am not a warrior! And have no desire to be one!
2. My house is dirty. See all those crumbs on the floor? I should get to those first. Right?
3. I have to go grocery shopping. I was sposed to yesterday and didn’t, so shouldn’t that be top priority?
4. I’m sore. I’m sore I’m sore I’m sore.
5. I worked out yesterday. (That one’s my favorite.)
But guess what? I beat the excuses! I did the workout! I was dizzy, saw spots, collapsed on the floor, did a lot of watching-with-my-jaw-dropped of those crazy warrior people, but I did it!
My house is still dirty, I need to go buy food, I’ll be even MORE sore tomorrow, and I’m still not a warrior … but I did it.
2 days down … 88 to go. 🙂